Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

  Hey guys i would like to start by wishing all of you a blessed Happy New Year. As you know I'm a big BOXING FAN. I also represent the Boxingheads movement on twitter (follow me @NUBLUEYANKEE) or as sum of you refer to me as MR Prez. In 2010 we created a buzz and in 2011 we look forward to keeping the movement alive. I believe in boxing and as a fan just want to do my part in keeping the sport alive.
   As a fan of the sport, my goal is to find the future of boxing. It is real easy to jump on a fighter when he or she is 25-0. Don't get me wrong i like the Big names but, boxing is an art and there is nothing better than following a fighters career from the beginning, i like to refer to it as a seed blooming into a beautiful rose. A fighter is not measured by his or her record. No i measure a fighter by his or her will to win by leaving their heart in the ring.  
   Through out the next few months I'm going to try to keep working hard to give you the fans updates, interviews, and in some cases free stuff lol. I look forward to hearing from you and reading your comments please take it easy on me I'm not a writer lol.

Mr Prez,

NUBLUEYANKEE

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations on this new venture. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Blog and hearing YOUR point of view as a fan. As a boxer I don't have that luxury of giving my view from outside the ring with that same disconnect that a fan has. I trust this blog will open many people minds and create a better understanding of boxing for the avid fan coming from you! I support you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good, sounds good, and I can't wait to see more. Sounds like an honest fan wanting to see his sport at its best. You never know where this may take you, so make it happen in 2011!! You already know I support you 110%!!

    -@JealousProfit

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the blogosphere. Looking forward to your posts.

    @deniselao
    http://www.deecuisine.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks good my man! Excited to read up on NuBlu droppin knowledge bombs on the boxing world :D You've got my support.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations my brother, I wish you the best of luck doing this, and know that me and the BoricuaBoxing team backs you up... It's not easy, but it's not difficult either. Just always be real like you have been and your followers will appreciate that... God speed Boricua

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to reading more! You have my support all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Agree 100% Lito. To me, some of the teeth gnashing about the lack of "the best fighting the best" has now been overdone. While there is much that is frustrating about the sport today (the GBP/TR Civil War, HBO's cluelessness in matchmaking and spending its limited budget, Al Haymon's prospect protection racket). some people seem to be sentimental for a past era that really never existed. To me, the biggest current weakness in the sport is the fact that no one seems to be paying much attention to the pipeline/Next Generation of up and comers-- and, until very recently, there were no outlets available to get them much needed exposure to grow their fan base. If 2010 accomplished anything, it was to have a variety of TV and web-based outlets to expose some of these up and comers to the targeted boxing audience, as small as that may be today. Without this next gen having some sort of fan base over the next years, the "big fights" to come get smaller and smaller. So my hope for 2011 is that the number of outlets for cards continues to grow and expand, and that the GBP and TR folks make some sort of detente to allow their respective stables to match up against the other every once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lito, this is great! You've always been a positive, humble, respectful, and passionate in the sport of boxing. Your an amazing individual and have always been good with getten the crowd going before a fight or an event. I'll be looking forward to all your reads and info. I wish you the most success! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. nb, my apologies on this late comment...but i must say that i agree with you 100 % boxing will not die...EVERRRRRRRRR. Im glad you addressed this...it is important for people like yourself to keep the fans updated and i believe that social media has also been a great help to show how many fans of the sport are truely passionate and about it...it wont die...never has...never will. great article once again. NikNik

    ReplyDelete